About Dick Adams
Richard “Dick” Adams has a long and distinguished record of public service to his community. He believes and practices the concept of being a hard working volunteer for organizations serving people.
Dick was reared on a dairy farm and was active in FFA and 4-H. The money saved from his work on the farm helped him as he worked his way through college. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture Education from The Ohio State University. Dick taught agriculture at the high school, adult education and college levels.
While working full time he completed two more degrees at The Ohio State University and became the founding superintendent of the Upper Valley JVS. He guided the school district until 1990 at which time he resigned to pursue civic leadership service.
Dick has served Miami County in several capacities:
- Miami County Commissioner (2 terms)
- Miami County Board of Elections (2 terms)
- Miami County Republican Men’s Club (Past President)
- Miami County Republican Leaders Club
- Miami County Republican Executive Committee
- Miami County Republican Central Committee (Chairman)
- Miami County Republican Finance Committee (Past Chairman)
In addition he served on the Ohio Republican Party Central and Executive Committee representing the Ohio 5th Senate District (all of Miami County and 8 townships in Darke County) for 3 terms.
- Edison Community College Board of Trustees (18 years)
- Past Chairman, the National Association of Community College Trustees Board
- Past President, Ohio Association of Community Colleges
- Past Member, American Association of Community Colleges Board of Directors
- Member, Unity National Bank Board of Directors
- Past President Challenge 95 Regional Planning Network
- Past President Miami County Council
- Past President Miami Valley Health Improvement Council
- Past President Miami County Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Board
- Past President Piqua Area United Fund
- Past Chairman, Troy Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Past President, Brukner Nature Center
- Past President Tri-County Mental Health Board
- Past President Clear Creek Farm Board of Directors
- Past President Miami County Foundation
- Past President Piqua Rotary & Rotary District Governor
Dick has been recognized for his community service and his professional success.
- Distinguished Alumni, The Ohio State University College of Agriculture
- Vocational Administrator of the year, the Ohio Vocational Association
- Community Service Award, Troy Jaycees
- Diamond Anniversary Award, Department of Agriculture Education, The Ohio State University
- Alumni Citizenship Award for service to humanity by The Ohio State University
- Richard N. Adams Educational Service Award (named in his honor by the Ohio Association of Community Colleges)
- Maureen Grady Award for Special Achievement, Ohio Association of Community Colleges
- Distinguished Citizen Award, The Troy Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary State FFA Award, Ohio FFA
- Outstanding Dedication Award, Dayton Regional Development Alliance
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Ohio Educational Service Center Association
- Fairlawn School District Hall of Honor (Dick received his high school diploma at Fairlawn High School)
- Oustanding Community College Trustee in Canada and United States
- Watch Dog of The Treasury Award
- Defendee of Liberty
Dick is a member of the Miami County Farm Bureau and the Darke County Republican Men’s Club.
He has co-authored a book “Making a Difference on Your Board and in Your Community”.
Dick and his wife Sandy live in Concord Township near Troy, Ohio. Sandy is a registered nurse and they have three children, Julie, Rick, and Christian.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to help elect Richard Adams as your state representative for the 80th District, we have several ways in which you can. You can either mail a check made out to the Committee to Elect Richard Adams to the below address.
Committee to Elect Richard Adams
1325 Park Avenue
Piqua, OH 45356